Dreamthorn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Always a forced eyeful.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Create an Original Archtype Contest

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sleevecard
Admin
Sleevecard

Create an Original Archtype Contest Empty
PostSubject: Create an Original Archtype Contest   Create an Original Archtype Contest EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 1:01 am

Alright so for our first contest thread let's see who can make the best and most original archtype! The contest is really straight forward; each contestant is going to create a minimum 5 card set based on a 100% orginal archtype of their own creation. The winner will be the set which best displays originality, effective use of their respective archtype, and balance.

Rubric
Spoiler:

The deadline for entries will be Sunday, March 17th. Good luck to everyone!

Last edited by Sleevecard on Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://dreamthorn.rpg-board.net
Amp
Genin
Genin
Amp

PostSubject: Re: Create an Original Archtype Contest   Create an Original Archtype Contest EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 5:00 pm

Count me in. This is my Primordial theme idea. Basically you get them loaded up in your Graveyard and then they have some fun.

Create an Original Archtype Contest Jd1odInCreate an Original Archtype Contest MJPLJk5Create an Original Archtype Contest QbN4PVxCreate an Original Archtype Contest 0OXY29TCreate an Original Archtype Contest V5g6ksR

Please let me know if you have any trouble reading the effects, and I'll post them with the cards. Any feedback would be great too!
Back to top Go down
Sleevecard
Admin
Sleevecard

PostSubject: Re: Create an Original Archtype Contest   Create an Original Archtype Contest EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 6:13 pm

If you want to post the effects for Windreaper and Waveshatter it would probably help. I can read them, but they would stand out more.

Overall cool set. For feedback, I'd say that personally I'd like to see more effects that take advantage of the cards being sent to the Graveyard.

Moonstalker looks like a lethal Tuner provided you can keep her alive long enough to get your banished monster out with her for a synchro. However, even if she gets taken out at least you get a potentially valuable card ot of it. Like a Tuner version of Gold Sarcophagus.

I'd love to see more cards some time; especially to combo with Moonstalker, and Firestarter.
Back to top Go down
CrocodileTheKidd
Academy Trainee
Academy Trainee
CrocodileTheKidd

PostSubject: Re: Create an Original Archtype Contest   Create an Original Archtype Contest EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 11:31 pm

Hey thought I'd give a crack at this. These are my cards: The Swashbucklers. The concept is that they use Tokens to activate their effects, because pirates are all about the treasure. The effects are basic, but I think the use of the Loot Counters make them balanced.

Create an Original Archtype Contest T45HjwsCreate an Original Archtype Contest BZBsl73Create an Original Archtype Contest LSH0X4YCreate an Original Archtype Contest 6PtmtvBCreate an Original Archtype Contest AzZLpg6

I do love feedback Smile
Back to top Go down
Sleevecard
Admin
Sleevecard

PostSubject: Re: Create an Original Archtype Contest   Create an Original Archtype Contest EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 11:39 pm

Nice concept CK. It reminds me of Breaker's effect, with the counters. You could even make a field spell for them if you ever wanted resembling Magical Citadel of Endymion, that way you constantly replenish on loot. Edward Teach, with a field spell like that would be unstoppable.
Back to top Go down
Amp
Genin
Genin
Amp

PostSubject: Re: Create an Original Archtype Contest   Create an Original Archtype Contest EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 10:03 pm

The swashbucklers are a cool concept. My only concern would be from a balance standpoint. Grace O'Malley, and definitely Edward Teach, are a bit overpowered. If a field spell like that existed then it would be nearly impossible to lose if you combined it with Teach.

Other than that the concept of Loot Counters for effects seems pretty solid. In addition to that field spell idea, what about a pirate ship themed union monster?
Back to top Go down
CrocodileTheKidd
Academy Trainee
Academy Trainee
CrocodileTheKidd

PostSubject: Re: Create an Original Archtype Contest   Create an Original Archtype Contest EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 2:20 pm

I could give that a try. It would be a stretch for me since I'm not that familiar with how unions work. Let's see what happens lol.
Back to top Go down
Sleevecard
Admin
Sleevecard

PostSubject: Re: Create an Original Archtype Contest   Create an Original Archtype Contest EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 1:35 am

Extending the deadline another week to see if we can't get some new entrants. New deadline is Sunday March 17th.
Back to top Go down
CrocodileTheKidd
Academy Trainee
Academy Trainee
CrocodileTheKidd

PostSubject: Re: Create an Original Archtype Contest   Create an Original Archtype Contest EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 11:56 am

If anyone is interested I posted my Swashbuckler set from this contest and some more of them in the Created Cards section.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Create an Original Archtype Contest   Create an Original Archtype Contest Empty

Back to top Go down

Create an Original Archtype Contest
Page 1 of 1