Dreamthorn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Always a forced eyeful.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Angelofly Retrofit

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sleevecard
Admin
Sleevecard

Angelofly Retrofit Empty
PostSubject: Angelofly Retrofit   Angelofly Retrofit EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 5:25 pm

As a welcoming to the gen 6 of Pokémon I'm going to take the time to revamp our own Pokémon to meet the new standards. Say hello to the new Angelofly!

http://razzingdrop.wikispaces.com/Angelofly
Back to top Go down
https://dreamthorn.rpg-board.net
Amp
Genin
Genin
Amp

Angelofly Retrofit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelofly Retrofit   Angelofly Retrofit EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 5:41 pm

Baton pass as a new egg move on Cheermy? At first I thought this seemed mediocre, but then I read over Flutter Wing and realized this would make a quality passer to speedy special attackers.

Baton Passing Angel

Name: Angelofly @ Focus Sash
Type: Bug/Flying
Ability: Soothing Aura
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 Def/252 SP Def/4 Speed

Baton Pass
Flutter Wing
Quiver Dance/Agility
Roost/Protect

Basic Baton Passing set for Angelofly. Baton Pass and Flutter Wing are locks as her primary moves. Quiver Dance or Agility provide options to vary the needs of your team. Agility for slower special sweepers like Slowbro and Hypno, Quiver Dance for everything else. Roost, Protect, and Focus Sash keep her alive long enough to set up a boost. Soothing Aura prevents paralysis that would otherwise rampage over this pokemon.

If you could find it in your heart to add Substitute then I would use that for the 4th slot. Otherwise it's a quality boosting, but not very sturdy passer.

Last edited by Amp on Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Nippy
Academy Trainee
Academy Trainee
The Nippy

Angelofly Retrofit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelofly Retrofit   Angelofly Retrofit EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 6:06 pm

I like Amp's idea of making this into a Baton Passer. I can also see this turning into a sun team supporter, dual screens set up, or a grass set up.

I'm a big fan of sun teams especially using my Ninetails.

Here's how I would set it up:

Angelofly @ Quick Claw
Soothing Aura
Calm
252 Sp Def/252 Def/4 Speed

Sunny Day
Gilded Breeze
Flutter Wing
Baton Pass

This set would let me set up sun. Then between Gilded breeze and flutter wing I could end up baton passing +4 Speed and +2 Sp Def onto a Ninetales ready with Drought ability to keep the sun running and sweep.
Back to top Go down
Sleevecard
Admin
Sleevecard

Angelofly Retrofit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelofly Retrofit   Angelofly Retrofit EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 1:57 am

What would you guys think of adding on a competitive guide for the Pokémon? Things like builds, strategy, etc.
Back to top Go down
The Nippy
Academy Trainee
Academy Trainee
The Nippy

Angelofly Retrofit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelofly Retrofit   Angelofly Retrofit EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 2:39 am

Phazer Support

Angelofly @ Quick Claw
Soothing Aura
Calm
252 Sp Def/252 Def/4 Speed

Whirlwind
Stun Spore/Poison Powder/Sleep Powder
Agility/Tailwind
Soothe Powder

This set focuses on phasing out the opposing team, and inflicting status damage. Soothe powder, agility, and tailwind are all designed to buy time and allow for first strikes. Whirlwind to phase, and the 2nd slot goes to the status of choice.

The main addition I would enjoy would be to see Defog added on as an option in order to boost otherwise low accuracy issues on the status moves.
Back to top Go down
Amp
Genin
Genin
Amp

Angelofly Retrofit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelofly Retrofit   Angelofly Retrofit EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 2:54 am

I would actually like to update my original baton passing move set now that I've researched Angelofly more thoroughly.

Baton Passing Angel 2.0

Name: Angelofly @ Focus Sash
Ability: Aroma Veil
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 Sp Def/252 Def/4 Speed

Baton Pass
Flutter Wing
Quiver Dance/Agility
Soothe Powder

This move set works similar my original, but with a few key changes. Soothe Powder is given the 4th slot, over Roost and Protect, as it completely pauses all attacks from hitting. This provides superior coverage to both Protect, and even Substitute. This is combined with her new ability, Aroma Veil, to negate the biggest threat to all Baton Passers: Pranksters. After the first turn Angelofly will become immune to the threats of attack damage as well as Taunt and Encore. She can then get an easy 1-2 boosts in before passing to a special sweeper. Combine with Alakazam or Mega Mewtwo and call it a match.
Back to top Go down
Sleevecard
Admin
Sleevecard

Angelofly Retrofit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelofly Retrofit   Angelofly Retrofit EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 3:04 am

Cool ideas guys. So currently on the docket for myself and Varz before we finish Angelofly are: Substitute, and Defog.
Back to top Go down
Amp
Genin
Genin
Amp

Angelofly Retrofit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelofly Retrofit   Angelofly Retrofit EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 2:35 pm

I can work on the strategy portion if you want. I'm really interested in seeing how this would work as a baton passer compared to Shell Smash Gorebyss and Smeargle. This is definitely my favorite passer 'in' the game right now.
Back to top Go down
Sleevecard
Admin
Sleevecard

Angelofly Retrofit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelofly Retrofit   Angelofly Retrofit EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 3:35 pm

Amp wrote:
I can work on the strategy portion if you want.

If you could that would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sleevecard
Admin
Sleevecard

Angelofly Retrofit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelofly Retrofit   Angelofly Retrofit EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 1:55 am

Defog, Substitute, and a new move called Quick Pass have been added to Angelofly; and she is now complete.
Back to top Go down
The Nippy
Academy Trainee
Academy Trainee
The Nippy

Angelofly Retrofit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelofly Retrofit   Angelofly Retrofit EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 10:26 pm

Will we be allowed to use this for the upcoming battling league?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Angelofly Retrofit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelofly Retrofit   Angelofly Retrofit Empty

Back to top Go down

Angelofly Retrofit
Page 1 of 1